The following instructions describe how to use the UpdateShield Builder tool to build the Client Side index file (UPDSHLC.XML). In addition, in this step, you also need to note the generated Release ID, which is needed when adding an update package in the software update server.
1. Run UpdateShield Builder.
2. Click the Project button, and then select New to build a new project file or select Open to load a saved project file.
3. Under the Index Files tab, from the Program ID drop-down list, select the Program ID of your application.
4. In the Main Properties box, enter your software title and the latest version number (must be a higher number than the previous versions).
5. In the Client Side Index File Properties box, select Web Service URL. Then, enter the URL of the Update Server web service (e.g. http://demo.eleckey.net/update.asmx).
6. In the Output Index Files box, in the Client Side Index File edit box, enter the location to save the Client Side index file.
7. Click the Updater tab. In the Updater Options box, set the options as you want.
8. In the Update Runtime Settings box,
· Select Run the Update (Executable) if you want to the Updater to execute the downloaded file.
· Select Run the Commnad Line if you want the Updater to run a script file. Then, enter your script file name with the parameters (e.g. Inst.bat Setup.exe).
9. Click the Build button, and then select Build Client Side Index File.
10. Click the Project button, and then select Save to save the project file for future use.
11. Click the Status tab, and note the generated Release ID and Updater ID.