· Windows, macOS, and Java Applications Supported. ElecKey offers a complete software protection and licensing solution for Windows (including MS DOS, Win16, Win32, Win64, .NET, Windows Mobile), macOS (including Intel and Apple Silicon), and multiplatform on Java, Qt, and Delphi.
· Effortless and No Programming. The wizard style makes it very simple and easy to protect your application. You can create a protected version of your application within a few minutes. There is no need to modify any single line of source code.
· License Management. You have total control over the protected applications that were already distributed to the users. ElecKey provides several methods in which you can grant or update a license. This includes License Key, Activation Key, and Remote Key Update Broadcast.
· Limits and Modular Protection. Allows you to create a variety of software versions and marketing options, such as an evaluation version. Limits include number of executions, date count, and expiration date.
· End-User Licensing Support. ElecKey creates end-user utilities along with the protected application. These utilities allow the users to easily transfer the license of the protected application among computers. They also provide solutions for backing up license, restoring license, and revoking license.
· Limits and Feature/Item-Based Protection. Allows you to create a variety of software versions and marketing options such as an evaluation version, different software editions, and item-based licenses (e.g. fonts, images, etc.). The limits include number of executions, date count, and expiration date.
· Harddisk Key Software-Based Locking System. The locking system causes the protected application to detect the Key embedded in a hard drive to unlock before its operation. The Harddisk Key is designed with a sophisticated technique that is safe against duplication by copy commands and pirate utilities.
· Enhanced Computer-Based Protection. You can increase security measures by enabling CPU, BIOS and Ethernet signatures. These unique computer signatures enforce the Key and the protected application to operate on a specific computer.
· USB License Key Dongle-Based Protection. You can turn a USB flash drive* into a USB License Key (or dongle) for protecting and licensing the application.
*The USB flash drive must meet the technical standards required to make the dongle, which can be found in products by well-branded, trusted companies such as SanDisk, Kingston, Lexar, Transcend, etc.
· Floating Network Licensing Protection. The provided NetKey License Server (NKLS) allows the protected application on the clients to access a pool of network licenses on a server. Also known as concurrent network licenses, you can limit the number of network licenses or users allowed to use the application simultaneously.
· Roaming Network Licensing Protection. Roaming licenses provide greater flexibility and convenience over floating licenses, allowing the user to check out (or borrow) a network license from the NKLS. Then, the user can disconnect from the network, and temporarily use the protected application off-site.
· Terminal Services Restriction. Allows you to take control of the Terminal Services policy for the protected application. You can completely block Terminal Services or restrict Terminal Services to a limited number of sessions.
· Mobile Application Licensing. A complete licensing solution is provided for the protected mobile application, which includes activating license online (via the Internet) and offline (via phone, email, etc.), transferring license between mobile devices, and activating/managing license from a desktop or laptop computer.
· Safeguard Against Crack, Debug, and Simulating DLL. The ElecKey shell protection employs several security measures to safeguard the protected application. These include encrypting code sections, detecting single step tracing, and verifying DLL integrity.
· Extra Security through Key-Value Pairs. The Key provides 10 key-value pairs, which allow you to create a series of random challenges/responses between the protected application and the Key. This method provides extra security to prevent DLL simulation and crack-jump.
· .NET Encryption/Protection. Secures managed assemblies against decompilation and reverse engineering. The whole managed assembly is encrypted inside the shell protection, and only decrypted and executed at run-time.
· KeyCheck API (32/64-bit). Provides the functions, class libraries, and components that allow you to integrate the software protection and licensing system into your application seamlessly. It also provides cross-platform support, allowing you to easily reuse the same code to develop and protect your application for Windows and macOS.
· KeyCheck Class Library. Provides class libraries for various compilers and programming languages, including C#, VB.NET, VC++.NET, VB, VC++, Delphi, C++ Builder, and Objective-C, and Java.
· KeyCheck .NET Component. A suite of powerful and easy-to-use components for integrating the software protection and licensing capability into your .NET applications. It is fully integrated with Microsoft's Visual Studio .NET IDE at both design-time and run-time.
· KeyCheck .NET CF Component. The Compact Framework version of the KeyCheck .NET Component enables you to integrate the software protection and licensing capability into your Windows Mobile applications. It is fully integrated with Microsoft's Visual Studio .NET IDE at both design-time and run-time.
· Remote Key Update Broadcast. Provides an efficient way to update hundreds of licenses of the protected application by broadcasting a single update file.
· Internet Software Registration. The provided LicenseGen DLL, .NET DLL, and ActiveX allow you to build a customized version of the licensing application, as well as a web-based version that can automate software registration.
· Activation Server. The provided Activation Web Service, Activation Manager, and Activation Client allow you to build a network-based Auto-Activation system. The solution includes all source code that allows you to customize to suit your needs.
· Software Activation Policy. The Activation Server allows you to define a variety of activation policies, for example, license transfer and number of allowed reactivations. In addition, the Activation Server can automatically verify the Hardware Signatures to determine if the reactivation request is from a computer with a different hard drive, CPU, motherboard, or Ethernet adapter.
· Automatic License Update. Enables the protected application to automatically connect to the Activation Server to update and validate the license in background process. It enables you to have control over the application even if it has been activated.
· Automatic Software Update. Enables the protected application the capability to automatically connect to the server to check for updates, download, and install them.